Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Before William was born, Matt and I bought an old (antique?) sideboard at an antique store to use in William's room as a changing table/dresser combo. It needed a bit of TLC and a fresh coat of paint, but it was beautiful. And for the price we paid, it was a steal. Well, life tends to happen and before I knew it almost a year had passed and I still hadn't gotten around to painting it. I'm really glad I waited though because after some rearranging, I decided to paint it black, distress it, and put it in the dining room instead.


and here she is, ready to be painted
With absolutely no knowledge of how to paint or distress a piece of furniture, I turned to my oh-so-talented friend Lyla who just happens to be an interior decorator. Lyla armed me with all the info. I needed and off I went. After two weekends of work, I'm finally finished and I'm thrilled with the result. It's certainly not professional-quality but I think I did alright for a novice. I enjoyed it so much I'm already thinking of the next project. :-)

And for the end result.....



my photography skills leave much to be desired, but I tried my best to take a closeup of these fabulous knobs I found at Anthropologie love, love, LOVE them!



Lyla, thanks again for your help. You're way better than Google. :-) Can't wait to put this to use on Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

chesley said...

are you kidding me?!!! it looks so good!!

Unknown said...

Great job, Angie. Beautiful!

lyla said...

haven't looked at blogs in forever! looks great :) thanks for giving me credit when you did it all ;-)