Monday, November 15, 2010

Wild Wonderful West Virginia

Our very first trip as a family of four was to West Virginia at the beginning of October to celebrate Matt's grandma's 90th birthday. Sometime last year, we reserved two cabins at a beautiful state park so that we could make a vacation out of it with all the family. We shared a cabin with matt's sister Lisa and her family, and his brother David and his wife Trudy. I must say, I believe the kids had the most fun of all. Sophie LOVES her cousins so much and she was so excited for the trip.

We set out on a Sunday morning for the 8 hour drive. Sophie got to ride with her Uncle Brent, Aunt Lisa and cousins the WHOLE way and Matt, William and I enjoyed some much needed quiet time in our van. William did great the entire way and Matt and I got to have 8 hours of uninterrupted conversation which I don't belive has happened in almost 4 years! :-)

The plan was to spend Sunday through Friday there but due to both children basically keeping us up 24/7, we decided to cut the trip a bit short and ended up leaving for home on Wednesday. As much as I loved being there with all the family, I literally wanted to kiss our driveway when we finally arrived home. We definitely learned that a week long vacation is probably not going to happen again until our children are a bit older. :-)

We were so glad to be able to celebrate great gram's 90th birthday with her. I know it meant a lot to her to have all of her great grandchildren together at the same time.

group shot

grandma, aunt Wilda and all the kids

we had her birthday dinner at the state park's lodge. not sure how she felt about the sign. :-)


the cake and tablecloth that everyone signed along with a tracing of their hands. :-)




on our way out of town we went to visit Matt's dad. He took all the kids for a ride on his ATV which they thought was pretty cool. :-)

William and granddaddy Casto


No comments: