Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Vent

Whew. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I have been having a seriously hard time with this parenting business. I keep telling myself that it will get better, and that if God didn't believe that we could handle the world's most strong-willed, defiant, flatout stubborn child, he would not have blessed us with her dear little soul. But seriously? I fall short each and every day of what I'd like to be as a mother and it is wearing me down, people! Don't get me wrong, I feel incredibly blessed to be able to be at home with my children (because if anyone is going to mess them up, it will be me goshdarnit!) and I do realize that there are  people in this world with MUCH bigger problems than I could even think of having. I just hate feeling sometimes like I am failing at the most important job anyone could ever give me. I don't want to be perfect. I don't need to be supermom. Just better. That's all. Just better. Oh, and more sane. That would be good too. :-)

3 comments:

chesley said...

for what it's worth, i think you're an amazing mom! i know exactly what you mean though & promise you're not the only one that feels that way :)!!

lyla said...

i can send you a video of me and lilly one afternoon and you'll feel much better about everything ;-) i totally relate!

Unknown said...

You are an outstanding mother!