On Thursday we went to the Woodland Park Zoo with my mom and grandparents. My sweet grandma Maggie and grandpa Bob made the 6 hour trip from eastern Washington so they could see us and go to the zoo. Okay, so there might have also been a big quilt show around the same time but I'm going to tell myself that it was completely coincidental. My grandma does love her some quilts. :-) The day started out with the usual:
Oh and did I mention that with our nashville zoo pass, we got in FREE?!?! How cool is that? The Woodland Park zoo is seriously one of the best I've been to. It's huge. And beautiful. We spent 6 hours there and still didn't see every single thing.
The brown bear. By far our favorite part of the whole day. Animal-wise, that is. ha.
Because as if this guy wasn't interesting enough to look at from afar, he decided to take a little dip while we were watching him. And come right up to the glass!!
How cool is that?!
I could go into serious picture overload, but I'll try to pare down as much as I can. I have a bazillion pics. of our day at the zoo.
This was a sweet little moment I was fortunate enough to catch on camera. My grandma is turning 80 this weekend and just finished (and won) a battle with lymphoma. She's still pretty weak from it, hence the wheelchair. It tears my heart out living so far away and not getting to spend more time with her and my grandpa. I really wish my kids would have the opportunity to know them better.
And of course what's a trip to the zoo without a ride on the carousel?
Sophie even got to pet this.....whatever it is. :-)
And they even had dinosaurs. There was a separate area with about 20 or so of these motion sensor dinos. Sophie was pretty scared of them but as you can see, William wasn't really phased.
I don't know, they looked pretty scary to me!
By the end of the day, we were all pretty exhausted.
That evening, we ended up going back to mom's, sending the guys out for burgers then eating in and visiting with my grandparents, sister and niece. A perfect ending to a perfect day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment