Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seattle Trip - Day 2

A few weeks before our trip, Matt and I sat down and made a list of things we really wanted to do/see while we were in Seattle. In trips past, it has been really stressful for me trying to see everyone I want to see while still trying to make it our family vacation and make sure everyone is happy. So this time I decided to make out a schedule (I know, totally OCD!) and let all my family know where we planned on going each day so they could pick and choose what they wanted to do with us and when they would see us. It made our trip soooo much easier because we knew pretty much what we were going to do every day and I was able to plan a few little excursions by myself to meet up with old friends. I never thought I'd be one to schedule a vacation out, but it worked really well for us in this case! That being said, here's day two. :-)

As I said in my previous post, I purposely didn't plan anything for the first part of Wednesday so we'd have time to sleep in (yeah, right!) and get settled. Too bad William decided to wake up at about 5:30am ready to go. Since our day started so early, we decided to head to downtown Edmonds which is about 4 min. from my mom's. Edmonds is the neatest little town, nestled right on Puget Sound with amazing beaches and views. It's very quaint and artsy. The day was sunny and perfect, so we just meandered around looking through all the shops. We of course had to stop at Edmond's bakery for maple bars. If you're from the south chances are you have no idea what I'm talking about since apparently they are only enjoyed by northerners! Too bad I don't have a picture, but basically they are big thick doughnuts shaped like a rectangle and smothered in maple icing. YUM!

After we ate and shopped around, William was pretty much done. He laid his sweet head down on my shoulder and he was out. So while my mom and I took him back to her place for some much needed rest, Matt took Sophie down to the beach.
little man did a whole lot o' sleeping in the car on this trip! He did so well considering his schedule went completely out the window for the entire week
Would you just look at this view as you're driving down towards the water? Total perfection.

And my little miss on the beach.

That afternoon, we headed to my cousin Denise's house to let the kids play and to have dinner. It was so good to see her. She has the sweetest family and it was all I could do not to scoop her two girls up and take them home. My sister and my sweet niece Kayla were also there, so we had a great time catching up.
a super far away family shot :-) my cousin took a better one, I just don't have it yet!
the kids (minus Denise's two boys) aren't they they cutest?!
 After dinner, we headed home then I went back out that night to meet up with two of my old partners in crime from my single days. It was so great to catch up with them! I hadn't seen either since I moved away 7 years ago.
Whew! It was a long day, but so much fun. I'm so glad I made time for some old friends this time around, even if I had to lose a little sleep and sneak out after the kids were in bed. :-)



No comments: