We had a fantastic trip to Seattle this past week. We did SO much that I'm going to do a separate post for each day so that I make sure I don't leave anything out! The weather was as perfect as it gets there, and it made me laugh that everyone there was complaining that it was so hot when for us it was actually kind of cool! ha. I guess this means I have finally acclimated to the southern summers after 7 years!
We flew out on Tuesday the 23rd at about 4:00. This was perfect because we weren't rushed and William was able to get a nap before we had to leave for the airport.
The flight lasted a little over 4 hours and let me just say that it was a LONG flight. The kids were excited to be on the airplane for about the first 30 minutes, but after that it was basically just one big wrestling match in our little row of 3 seats. In the past I've always rolled my eyes at the parents who claimed to use Benadryl on long trips, but have definitely changed my mind on the matter. Let me just say that Sophie rested very well on the flight home. :-)
Having said that, I do have to give the kids some credit for holding it together pretty well considering how long it was. No major meltdowns and no bodily injuries. I consider that a success!
We got into Seattle at about 8:30 or so our time, but of course with the time difference it was only 6:30 there and still bright sun. I think they ended up staying awake until about 11:30 that night and were awake bright and early the next morning! I'm glad I left Wednesday morning open so that we could unpack and try to regroup from the day before.
I have to include a picture of our rental car just for Matt. I'm not so sure this wasn't his favorite part of the trip. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sophie looks so sweet and little in that first pic! I have to say...I'm SOO excited to read about your trip and see all the pics :)
Oh, and I literally laughed out loud at the Benadryl comment!
Post a Comment