Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Strawberry Patch

Today, Sophie and I went to a strawberry patch to pick our own berries. Sophie was so excited because she got a basket to carry. Right now she is really into anything that she can put on her arm and carry around like a purse. It doesn't have to be an actual purse, just something with a hole that she can put her little arm through. She was so attached to the basket that even when it was full and quite heavy, she still insisted on carrying it. When we got in the van to leave she got most upset with me for taking the basket away so I ended up giving her another basket which I put two strawberries in. That satisfied her, so off we went. Well, in the four minutes it took us to get home she decided she'd go ahead and sample the fruits of her labor and as you see in the pictures below it was quite a mess. She had a great time though, and I'm sure we'll be going back to pick more soon.





We celebrated Matt's birthday a few weeks ago and I thought this was a cute pic. of him blowing out his candle. You know you're getting old when you go back to only one candle. :-)

This is Matt taking a rest after doing a push-up with Sophie on his back. I guess it wore her out, too.

2 comments:

lyla said...

SO CUTE!!! i want to go!

Amy S. Grant said...

You are so funny...doing A push up.

Lovely cake, great blog! Glad to have found you on here.

And I'm glad you saved some strawberrie for us bunco babes. They were muy delicioso.