Friday, May 23, 2008

15 Months

Wednesday, Sophie had her 15 month check up. She did great up until the point when we walked into the exam room. As soon as we crossed the threshold, she started nodding her head "no". From that point on she didn't want anyone touching or even looking at her. She of course had to have two shots, one in each arm, and she probably would have been okay afterwards had they not put a band aid on each arm. We have recently learned that she has serious dislike of them. Or maybe it's just that they are a reminder that there is something underneath that hurt her. In any case, she went into hysterics every time she took a glance at either arm. So after removing the band aids and promising some ice cream, she was all better. She weighed in at 21.4 pounds, which is only the 28th percentile and she measured at 30 inches, which is the 37th percentile (although I'm never convinced that the measurements are entirely accurate, especially since they measured her at 30 inches at her 12 months and I KNOW she's grown since then.) Anyway, she's just a little thing nonetheless.

Sophie is so much fun. She has such a funny personality and just wants to be interacting with people all the time. She waves at everyone, even people driving by us in parking lots. She isn't saying a whole lot yet but it's funny because whenever she wants something she points and grunts, to which I reply with whatever she should say, like "drink please" and she always just smiles at me and nods yes like, "yeah, I know, I just don't want to say it!"

Sophie's favorite things right now include throwing things in the garbage (everything, really), talking on the phone, playing outside, carrying around her purses, and getting into any cabinet that isn't locked. Her favorite room is still the bathroom because none of the cabinets are locked in there. She still is obsessed with hair and has a fistful of mine whenever I am near. She LOVES french toast, goldfish crackers, banana muffins and popscicles. Healthy, I know. She is such a sweet little baby and each month with her is more and more fun.


Here she is eating her french toast. She has it every morning and is very proud of the fact that she can eat it all by herself with her fork.


This was taken a few months ago, but as you can see she is very interested in the things under the bathroom sink.


This baby doll is scary, I know - but notice she has a fistfull of hair.

3 comments:

chesley said...

She is so cute! I cannot believe they did the shots in her arm! Grant still hasn't had any in the arms. I love the picture in the bathroom, and you know I can sympathize with the hair thing!!

lyla said...

so cute! she is a tiny little lady-like thing. mine have never had shots in the arms either--just their legs. love the picture of the bathroom cabinets. i can't get ready without everything in my drawer getting pulled out all over the bathroom.

Amy S. Grant said...

Sophie is a lot of fun! I like a girl who knows what she likes and doesn't like (shaking her head no at the doctor!)

She is precious, and I can't believe it's been over a year since she was born.