Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sweet Baby William



He's finally here! His entrance was a bit dramatic, but so far he's turned out to be a very calm, content little guy which is a huge blessing since big sister can create enough drama all on her own. :-)

As for his "birth story", we checked into Baptist at 6am on Tuesday the 2nd of March for my induction. I think they got me on the pitocin around 9am and it was fairly slow going until just after lunchtime. As I was lying in the bed looking at the monitor, I noticed that every time I had a big contraction, the baby's heartbeat would dip quite a bit. After a few of those dips my nurse calmly walked into the room and put an oxygen mask on my face. She then told me that my body had kicked in and I didn't need the pitocin anymore, so she turned it off. Once she did that I went from being dilated to a 5 straight to 10 within the hour. It all happened so fast after that. I only had to push a few times, but once his shoulders came he got stuck. Once that happened, it was drama! All I remember was feeling one of the nurses literally hop on top of me and start pushing with all her might on my belly and according to Matt, my Dr. got a knee up on the table and was pulling at his head to get him out. Crazy! Definitely a little scary but he arrived safe and sound and absolutely PERFECT. We couldn't be more thrilled to have a little boy in the house and look forward to all that comes with that.

We are head over heels in love with you already, William. Welcome to the family. :-)

To see some incredible pictures of the little guy, visit my friend Chesley's blog. She came and took pictures of him this week. Thanks, Chesley!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We are so excited that he is here. Cade came home from school that Thursday and told me "Sophie was not at school today because she had her baby!" Ha! He is adorable- I can't wait to meet him!