Monday, February 15, 2010

My Big Girl

We had Sophie's 3rd birthday party on Saturday, even though her actual birthday isn't until the 20th. I was afraid that with the baby being due in just a few short weeks, I'd be taking my chances waiting until her actual birthday to have a party. It was a small party with just family, but she loves her cousins so much that she was as happy as she could be just having them over. After asking her a dozen times what kind of birthday party she wanted only to get answers like, "a pink party" or "a cake party", I got inspired by a cake pan I saw at JoAnns and went with a flower theme. She didn't care about the theme.....she just wanted cake, balloons and of course presents. :-) I don't really know what posessed me to do party favors since we just had her 3 cousins as guests, but they were fun to do and I guess I needed the distraction of something crafty to get my mind off of how miserable I feel! After everyone left, I asked her how she liked her party. She said, "momma, it was beautiful!" :-) I can't believe our baby is turning 3. I seriously don't know where the time has gone. And now with another coming, I'm sure it will go even faster. We love you so much sweet girl! Happy birthday!


I am quite proud of the way this turned out considering half the flower petals did not come out of the pan with the rest of the cake. I had to do some serious spackling to get it back together!

the sweet little candy pops....aren't they cute?!!

blowing out her candles while Maggie "assists" her with her party hat

when matt and I went to gatlinburg several weeks ago, sophie stayed with her cousins for the weekend. when she came home she had a spider man t-shirt that jack had given her. needless to say, she was VERY attached to the shirt (she wears it every night to bed and has even made me dig it out of the dirty laundry so she could wear it) so for her b-day, sweet jack gave her another. Star wars this time. :-)

cheese!
busy playing with some of her birthday loot

2 comments:

chesley said...

you did an AWESOME job on that cake & those candy flowers...seriously!! i can't believe you did all that as pregnant as you are. she looks so big in these pics even though I see her all of the time!

lyla said...

love the cake--it is precious!!! she is looking so old and so much like you :) cute pics and i am very impressed that you posted with the baby right around the corner :)