Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas cookie make-up day

I always make decorated sugar cookies for Christmas, and this year was no exception. But for some strange and puzzling reason, when I made them this Christmas they ended up tasting VERY salty. I racked my brain, trying to figure out why since I don't even add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt that my recipe calls for. It made no sense. A few days later, I made some cranberry orange bread and that too tasted really salty. Again, I put no salt in it! So after checking to make sure I didn't have salt in the sugar jar, I checked the flour. One little taste told me that the flour was definitely tainted with something salty. I instantly got made at Martha White for ruining my Christmas baking. How dare she put salt in her flour?!! I was seriously ready to go to Kroger to return that bag of flour and demand a refund. But after closer inspection of the bag, I realized I had accidently bought a bag of self-rising flour. Oops. I guess my recipes were getting double-doses of baking soda or something. Anyway, Sophie and I had a re-do this weekend. I had to post this succession of pics. because they show just how o.c.d. my little sweetie is.....

having fun rolling the dough"uh oh, there's flour on the dough! I need to blow it off..."

"oh no! now it's on my hands!"
happy again after having her hands washed



2 comments:

lyla said...

so cute! i love how happy she looks in the cookie pics. she did so good at the dentist too (and her little dress is precious she wore to the dentist)! call me! i want to hear about your house! let me keep sophie for you so you can pack. :) that's exciting!

chesley said...

what's this...a bow in her hair? Is she leaving them in now?!