Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of "school"

Sophie had her first day of "school", or Mother's day out last week. She's only going one day a week for now because I can't bear to part with her for two whole days! She really likes it since her friend Mamie is in there. She was so funny on the first day - she just walked in like she owned the place, sat down and started having a tea party with another little girl in her class. She didn't even notice when I left. This Tuesday when I picked her up, the child was actually ASLEEP on her nap mat. I wanted to cry. For anyone who doesn't know, the child DOES NOT like to sleep. So the fact that she went to sleep in a room full of other people just shocked me to no end. Her teacher said that before she went to sleep, she had to have her diaper bag, lunch bag, and teddy bear right next to her nap mat. I guess she thought someone might take her stuff while she slept!


Here she is before leaving sitting next to her lunch sackTea party



1 comment:

chesley said...

I'm glad you both seem to be handling it well. I love that picture of her on the step!